Lion's Mane Mushroom Benefits for Focus, Memory & ImmunityPosted by Josh Gape on
Lion's Mane (Hericium Erinaceus) is an edible mushroom that when consumed has been shown to have a host of health and performance benefits.
Studies have demonstrated its ability to promote focus, memory and mental clarity. As well as support nerve health, digestion and immunity. Additional benefits include;
- Improved cognition
- Microbiome support
- Blood sugar regulation
- Depression & anxiety reduction
This mushrooms ability to profoundly impact the human systems health and performance for the better is down to the compounds within it. For example, beta-glucans enhance immunity whereas the hericenones and erinacines stimulate nerve growth and repair.
Having personally used Lion's Mane to increase focus as part of my pre-workout blend and to optimise my capacity for memory whilst working I had a lot of experience with this mushroom prior to releasing our own version of the product.
After years of trying different brands, I can confidently state that there's a massive difference between a high quality and low quality Lion's Mane extract. This is because when the source material is grown poorly and corners are cut in the production process the end product contains little to none of the beneficial compounds highlighted above.
However, when the source material is of the highest quality and no stone is left unturned in the production process the finished product has an amazing capacity to heal and optimise.
Our goal when creating our Lion's Mane extract powder, as it is with all our products, was to produce the highest quality. To ensure this, we:
- Grow our Lion's Mane as naturally as possible - in the industry it's known as 'naturally wild-crafting', meaning they're cultivated in a controlled version of their natural environment with access to fresh air and sunlight
- Only use organic source mushrooms and organic friendly extraction - as with all genuine health food products, our Lion's Mane is organic, non-GMO and without additives or fillers
- Utilise the cleanest extraction process available - to maximise the number of beneficial compounds in the finished product, our Lion's Mane is dual-extracted
- Concentrate - in order to enhance these incredible mushrooms even further, the powder is concentrated and made many times stronger than the original mushroom. Our Lion's Mane is an 8:1 extract, meaning we condense 8 grams of mushroom into one gram of powder
- Lab analyse - the finished powder extract is lab tested to demonstrate it contains high levels of beneficial compounds
This process results in an 8:1 Lion's Mane mushroom extract powder which is packed with the beneficial compounds it's known for. Our last batch of Lion's Mane contained 21.1% beta-glucans. However, don't just take our word for it... click here to see what our customers have to say.
Thanks for reading, Josh