OUR MISSION: EMPOWER PEOPLE TO REALISE THEIR FULL HEALTH & PERFORMANCE POTENTIAL.
OUR WAY: MAXIMISING HEALTH & PERFORMANCE. EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY. ETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES.
At APE Nutrition we want to be known for making the best health and performance products in the world. That’s why we carefully choose each ingredient in all of our products for its micro-nutrient properties as well as flavour.
We spent months sourcing the finest whole-food ingredients. Where an organic or grass-fed option existed, we found it. We also found suppliers whose ethics align with our own.
All our bars are produced at our own location within the UK. Therefore, there’s no danger of cross contamination with other products.
Our ethical standpoint is built upon quality and not cutting corners in any decision we make. Profit comes second. That’s why, when making decisions, we consider our customers, employees, community, animals and the planet before our shareholders.
WHAT WE’RE WORKING TOWARDS
Following the launch of our current product portfolio, we’re still conducting further research into our packaging and working with partners to introduce:
- Home compostable packaging - you'll be able to put our bar wrappers in your food disposal bin and they’ll break down by biological means in to the soil.
- Carbon neutral delivery methods - for every tonne of CO2 a package produces in transportation, an equivalent amount of CO2 is saved by a verified emission reduction project somewhere else in the world.
- B Corp status - B Corps are for-profit companies certified by the non-profit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency.
All our products are certified organic by the Soil Association, the UK's premium organic certification body. That means you won't find any fertilisers, pesticides or other artificial chemicals in our products. The four main reasons we opt for organic are:
- Less exposure to harmful chemicals for you and agricultural workers.
- To support the welfare of animals as living standards are higher under organic farming practises.
- Increasing your health and performance through greater intake of beneficial nutrients.
- Investing in the health of the planet as organic farming practises increase our soil quality in stark contrast to non-organic farming that destroys top-soil with chemicals.
To keep our carbon emissions down and to support local businesses, everything we can source locally, we do. Take the sea salt used in our bars for instance, which is farmed off the east coast of England.
Sourcing our protein and butter from grass-fed, pasture raised cows means it contains more healthy fats, fat-soluble vitamins, fewer toxins and has a better omega-3 to omega-6 ratio in comparison to grain-fed cows. Our cows live a natural life, roaming free and eating their typical diet. This improves our earth, enhancing the quality of the soil on which they’re grazing. In summary, it’s healthier for you, the cows and the planet!